I guess the highlights from today are from the afternoon. Matthew went across the street to play with the Shaver kids and had a ball. Came home all sweaty and wanting more. I enjoyed talking to Mrs. Shaver as well. She has 6 boys, and I imagine she's going to be a role model for me as well!
For dinner we were treated to a delivered meal from the pastor of the church we visted on Sunday. I was blown away when Mrs. Malone called yesterday and offered to bring us a meal. My jaw was literally wide open in surprise! Both Mike and Barbara showed up with a big spaghetti dinner (we got two dinners out of it!), cookies and a bouquet of flowers! It was so nice of them to do that, and we look forward to seeing them again, even if we choose another church to attend.
After dinner Jonathan took Matthew back over to the Shavers' house. They don't have a formal Sunday school program at their church, so they have a "Bible Stories" class in their home on Wednesday nights! Between their 7 kids, Matthew and 2 friends, they ended up having a good turnout. They studied Numbers 22-25 and I'm told Matthew did very well. I hope we can go back in the future. What a neat thing to have right across the street!
No comments:
Post a Comment