Monday, September 11, 2006

Getting Established

Today was all about getting established in town and at home. We ran by the school board and by Glendale Elementary to work on the mountain of paperwork to get Matthew in school tomorrow. We went by the cable company to get Internet/TV set up. We'd only budgeted $40 for internet and were going to not have any TV (and "bunny ears" picks up only ABC), but they were running a special for $25 internet and $14 basic cable, so we were able to get both! For the first time in my life, I'm a cable customer-- kind of weird.

During Colson's nap JH and MH ran errands-- I think to the hardware store and other necessary places. I just kept working on the house, unpacking boxes and trying to get my room into a functioning state. By the end of the day I was exhausted, but I almost couldn't stop, as I was eager to have all the clutter gone. It'll get done. Little by little.

We spoke to our landlord today. Interestingly enough, he's a policeman with the NYPD. I was amazed he called us back on 9/11, as I'm sure he was busy with memorials today. He's a captain and has been there for many years and seems to be a great guy. He even wants to take us out to dinner sometime! I look forward to meeting him and thanking him for his service and to hear about his life in NYC. Again, SO grateful we've been given a kind and reasonable landlord. Another provision!

No comments: