about the kids and I think Matthew's going to do just fine with her. His mood seemed to be really good-- overall he seemed to be taking to being the "new kid" just fine. This is one of those times that I'm glad that Matthew is as outgoing as he is!Later on that morning, our Winston-Salem Realtor called us-- the water heater for the pool is broken. We used it back in 2003, got a 3-digit natural gas bill, unhooked it and never used it again. Unfortunately, water has damaged it and we didn't even know it. Sigh...another huge expense on this house. I'm really looking forward to getting to our closing date. And I hope we have enough money left over to make it here in Florida!
That evening while Jonathan was running an errand, the doorbell rang. It was some neighbors who live one door down and across the street, the Shavers. To make an incredibly long story short, they're a huge answer to prayer. The Shavers are a strong Christian family with SEVEN children (and one on the way!) for Matthew to play with. The mom Carol and I seem to get along well, and the children seem like they might actually be good role models for Matthew in the behavior/respect department. After talking for a while on our front step, we parted ways very excited about the future. Such a blessing to have them right near us. Matthew's never really had lots of neighborhood friends before, and I hope he enjoys a year or two of fun afternoons playing with them.
Our North Carolina (and now in Florida) friend Julie Martin called to check in on us. I gave her the lowdown on our travels and how we're doing. I'm still in that "I can't believe we made it-- I can't believe we're here" mindset. It's just incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment