Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Buyers

It was so nice to wake up this morning, knowing the house is taken care of. We had a lovely morning at church, and our dear friends the Pinyans were very gracious to take us out to eat at the Midtown Cafe. It was a little crazy with the Sunday-lunch crowd and a fussy baby Colson, but it was great to be able to catch up with them and enjoy a meal together. They've had their struggles lately too, so we were able to relate to each other.

It dawned on me (again) during the church service that we'll be saying goodbye to our friends very soon. The end of September is just a blink away. We're going to be gone before we know it. And tears came to my eyes, even though I'm happy we've made it to the next step.

The afternoon was very low-key. We had naptime after lunch, Jonathan took Matthew to play putt-putt with a coupon he got with his summer library reading prize, and I skipped my workout for the day. I think I've strained something in my left leg/ankle/foot area, so I'm going to take it easy for while. Yesterday's video kind of did me in, and I'm hoping it's just soreness, nothing more.

Our buyers are very interesting folks. It turns out, they go to our church and we've probably seen them a hundred times! They have 4 children, ages 24 to15, I think. The husband is the boss of one of our neighbors, that's how they heard about our home I suppose. In fact, the neighbors were WITH them on the house walk-through on Friday. HAH!! I guess our friends helped sell our home, in a way! So glad it's a nice family with ties to the neighborhood. Hopefully they'll come to the Woodberry picnic next month, just like we did 3 years ago, before we even closed on the house. Same song, second verse.

No comments: