Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Squeaky nothin'

Not much to report today. No developments on the house. My dad is doing better and should go home soon. Aside from one incident, parenting issues were better today. I think that was partly influenced by the fact that after dinner I left with Colson for about an hour to go grocery shopping. Divide and conquer.

Listened to author/lecturer Frank Peretti talk about God and how we are constantly striving to take control of everything and be in charge instead of Him. He's in charge, even if we don't BELIEVE He's in charge. He described the sound of Shirley MacLaine's voice saying, "I'm God!" as a little mouse, squeaky and insignificant compared to the power of the Lord. He's in charge. We can't change that. even if we believe otherwise.

The house will sell when it will, and He is aware of our struggles.

No comments: