The majority of the day was spent working on the house, cleaning and getting ready for any potential showings. I was demoralized, thinking there would be no point to all of this. I really began to "sign off" as it were, to this crazy plan of ours. Sell the house for beans, buy a tiny house in Ardmore (the Pinyans might like that) and stay here until we can get our financial rears in gear before going to Florida. And I'm okay with that. I told Jonathan it's not a bitter thing, grousing about how life isn't going my way. I'm really okay with whatever happens. As long as I'm with my family, it doesn't really matter. That doesn't take away from the frustration of constantly keeping this house in tip-top shape for people who won't buy it.
As the day was waning, Jonathan was out on the front lawn, mowing the grass. He saw a minivan drive by reaallll...slow.... with WFU stickers on the back. And before long we had a showing scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9am while we're at church.
Also while he was out there, another minivan drove by. And came back. A woman gets out and introduces herself. A woman from the past had returned. Her name is Chris, and she'd come by a couple of years ago, hoping to buy the house from the previous owner. I had the uncomfortable pleasure of informing her that he was long gone, and the house was sold. It was kind of neat to see her again, and I was excited for her, as she'd seemed to be very disappointed when we first met.
She was ready to make us an offer right then and there (even after getting a tour of the non-show-ready house), but we told her she had to go through our Realtor, per our contract with the real estate company. By the end of the day she'd scheduled time with our realtor after the already-planned 9am showing tomorrow morning.
Between this lady and the WFU faculty member coming to look at the house tomorrow, I'm starting to feel a bit hopeful! Dare I?
No comments:
Post a Comment