Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rough Patch

I'm posting this on the 25th, so some of the details are hazy...

Suffice it to say that Friday and Saturday were pretty rough. Due to the publicity generated from the 2000+ email invitations to our upcoming Open House, we had a ton of showings scheduled for Saturday. So Friday was all about getting ready for the weekend. We'd had some storms blow through, so the pool was a bit of a mess. The yard grass was getting high, but with all the storms, we couldn't get it mowed. Then there was the usual housework. Lots to do.

Friday was a crazy day with the boys; by the time Jonathan got home I was at my wit's end, so he took the kids and I went out and worked on the pool. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes, but at least the pool got done and no one was having tantrums around me!

Saturday was "off the hook" insane. We had 5 showings, which meant we spent most of the day in and out of the house, trying to do touch-ups as we could. The yard got mowed in shifts, and it got really interesting when the mower broke and Jonathan couldn't finish the grass for a while. He eventually borrowed one from a neighbor, but even then he had to mow in shifts, as house-showings kept kicking us off the property. When one showing cancelled after we'd been gone for 30 minutes, we nearly lost it, but I think we were too tired to bother with fussing.

At one point during the day I ended up crying in Jonathan's arms, overwhelmed with everything. There was so much to do, kids to take care of, bills to pay, with no end in sight. When is this going to stop?! It's so frustrating.

No comments: