I woke up this morning, still reeling from the negative effects from yesterday's developments(details not divulged here). I felt pretty awful. Pretty soon the morning settled, I got myself together, and I got out of the funk. A helpful item- my weekly Bible verse is Isaiah 30:21--"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it.'" I don't know where this road of life is taking us, it seems really bleak at times, but I'll keep going...
Busy day-- during Colson's morning nap I read books to Matthew instead of doing a workout. He had 87 minutes left in the Summer Reading Program with the Forsyth library to qualify for a prize, and today was the deadline. Fortunately Colson slept for over an hour and a half, so we got our 87 minutes of reading done. I even got Matthew to read 2 books all by himself! One book we read again today was A Little Princess. I'd read it to Matthew yesterday and enjoyed it immensely. I was glad when he asked me to read it again today. It's a heartwarming tale, gorgeous illustrations in this edition-- almost a Cindrella story, but without the romance. The girl in the story still behaves with grace, despite horrible circumstances thrown her way. I wish I had behaved in such a manner Thursday night, but I guess I'm still maturing...
We had a 3:30 showing scheduled, so I spent time getting the house ready. While cleaning the master bath, I thought, "What's the point of picking up individual hairs off the floor? They're not going to buy it anyway." But we do it anyway, just in case.
When it was time to go, we ran lots of errands. We got Matthew's prize at the library, and the "goodie bag" was filled with lots of free coupons for fun activities. He was very excited!
We ran more errands, went by the house for a bit after the showing, cashed in one of Matthew's free coupons at Chick-fil-a, and then picked up Jonathan from work. He'd worked a 12-hour day, bless him.
The folks at his job are offering a full-time, permanent position in the company. They can pay as well as WFU used to pay him. If the house doesn't sell, we might have to seriously look at putting our stakes back into the ground and taking this job. At least it's airline-related work. Hopefully they'll only require a one-year commitment from Jonathan. If not, the Florida plan would have to be scrubbed if he accepted the job. We'll just have to see.
We discussed all of this after the boys went to bed, and we watched a silly movie called Alchemy, which has the quality of a TV movie. Not highly recommended. Fortunately it was a free rental from Blockbuster. No cash wasted there.
While watching the movie, we got a call at 9:45pm. It was Eleanor, our realtor. She had an offer from the people who looked at the house today. It was a little low, so we're going to sleep on it and counter-offer tomorrow.
Hopefully our counter-offer won't scare them off and we'll have a deal in place this weekend. This could be it!
No comments:
Post a Comment