HEADLINE: WE HAVE A DEAL!! More on this below...
When I awoke a few minutes before 5am, I started thinking about our possible buyers and I knew that I wouldn't be going back to sleep. Colson's been waking around 6am anyway, so I decided to go in the kitchen and tootle around on the computer in peace. Around 6:30 I started getting sleepy again, so I crawled back into bed. I think I actually fell asleep again, because Colson slept until 7:30, can you believe it?!? Such a nice treat. I wish I'd gone back to sleep in the first place and not gone into the kitchen!
We had a nice leisurely morning, and while Colson was napping we got other things done. Jonathan took Matthew to Paul's Cycling and Fitness to get Jonathan's bike tuned up. He's riding it to work frequently (to save gas, get exercise and let the kids sleep) and it really needs to be looked at.
While they were gone I finished my breakfast. I got a call from our realtor with another counter offer from the buyers. We decided to counter offer one more time. They didn't seem likely to be scared off by this, so we went for it. Here's hoping they will bite...
Still semi-alone in the house, I did an extremely enjoyable (and challenging) workout in the basement room. While down there I got the final call from the agent. The buyers had accepted our latest offer!! We have a deal!!
So blissfully happy... feeling great physically, and so happy to have this 3,000 square foot monkey off my back. I couldn't wait for Jonathan to get home.
I finished my workout, and by then Jonathan had already returned. I came upstairs and told him the good news. Naturally, he was thrilled. All four of us stood in a group hug and said a prayer of thanks to the Lord. SO grateful!
We called our families and told them, and of course they're thrilled. Such an answer to prayer! Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying for us. We have SO needed it, and will continue to need it as we continue on down this road. The challenges are not over, for sure. Our closing date is September 27th, so we have alot to do in the next several weeks. On to the next hurdle...
And you know what's REALLY great? I can let a crumb or two fall on my kitchen floor and not stress about it now! Whoo-hoo!!
YES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment