Once again Jonathan got up extra early and rode to work to get overtime from 7am to Noon. Bless his heart. I'm glad it's work he can handle and likes the company he's with. His hard work will hopefully help us cover the mortgage again this month.
In a way it was a standard day-- cleaning in the morning, then I tried to get in a workout while Colson napped. I got interrupted twice, but managed to get 48 minutes of sweating in!
The first interruption was a phone call from a friend who wanted to take Matthew on a playdate with his kids. GREAT!! I was thrilled-- I ran upstairs, packed Matthew a lunch and off he went for a few hours. Fun for everyone!
The second interruption was Colson waking up from his nap a bit early. I decided to take a risk and I brought him into the workout room with me. After baby-proofing the place (like removing a cat litter box that could double as a sandbox for him!), it went just fine. A couple of times I had to jump around him as he was kind of scooting around, following me, but we got it done. Whew!
We got a call for a 2pm showing, so I picked Jonathan up from work. The poor guy went from work to more work, mowing, edging and blowing the grass. I got the rest of the housework done as he mowed. I then made him an orange/vanilla/banana smoothie to cool him off and give him some nourishment for a late lunch when we left.
We ran some errands (by this time, Matthew had returned, somehow sockless after playing in a creek) during the 2pm showing, and then returned home for the next phase of the day. Jonathan kept the boys and I scurried in the kitchen, making dinner for us and our babysitter.
Our dear friend Becky graciously agreed in April to give us a free night of babysitting for our birthdays, and we were just now getting around to it. Matthew was excited to have her come over, and after my usual run-through of how the night would go, Jonathan and I prepared to leave them to eat dinner on their own while Colson took a late nap. Matthew said, "Could we put candles on the table?", which we found to be hysterical and adorable at the same time. I kidded Matthew about being on a date with Becky, who is quite a pretty lady. After we left, we actually had to return to get something we forgot, and Matthew said, "You're interrupting our date!" So funny.
Jonathan and I went to the Reynolda green room to eat our dinner (a fancy edamame, pasta and chicken salad that we all love), then went on to the new Grande theater that just opened in Winston-Salem. We saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which actually ended up being better than I thought it would be. It was a little long and certainly isn't a classic, but it was good summer fun.
We came home and enjoyed talking with Becky about her evening and other things going on in her life, then turned in for the night.
As I write this, it's Sunday afternoon. No word on that showing. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment