After taking Jonathan to work, the morning was spent feeding children and usual chores. Colson had a sampling of oatmeal yesterday and seemed to like it, so I was thrilled when I got him to eat a nice serving this morning. It was loaded with brown sugar to entice him, but at least he got some "real food" in his gullet for once! I'll gradually lay off the sugar until he takes it relatively plain.
For some reason Colson did NOT want to be out of my arms today. This got to be very challenging as I prepared for a 12:15 showing. Floors, countertops and bathrooms had to be cleaned, carpets vacuumed, the works. I had to put him down quite alot, which got to be really draining on the ears and psyche. As I worked on the bathtub with his screams filling my ears, I prayed, "Lord, I can't DO THIS anymore!! Some women may enjoy keeping the absolutely perfect house, but I am not one of them. When will this end?!" I managed to get everything done, but by the end of it poor Colson was miserable and Matthew was bored silly from not being played with. I wish he would amuse himself on his own more.
Fortunately, the afternoon was quite pleasant. We actually had a trip to Wal-Mart that didn't involve a meltdown! I read books with Matthew in the afternoon, and it was generally a quiet and peaceful time. Jonathan was gracious enough to let me go to the WFU library to have some quiet time alone, which I will never turn down. He'd had a hard working day himself, and even plans to go into work early tomorrow to get some overtime. We were blessed when he came home with two huge palates of food left over from a big lunch at work today. So he got a free lunch and we all got free food for dinner (and more meals, I'm sure). Thank you, Lord.
It was nice to end the day on a positive note, and a restful one. I actually enjoyed being with Matthew, and it was a pleasure to put him to bed for the night. Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment