Sunday, July 23, 2006

Open House Day

Tired, we were a little slow going this morning. We needed to go to an early service this morning, so get back with enough time to get ready for the Open House. To keep things simple, we went up to the corner to the contemporary service of Maple Springs Methodist. I've been wanting to attend that service for years, just to see what it was like. Matthew saw a couple of people he knew from school and he did well in the service. Soon we were back home, scurrying around for the Open House.

I cooked 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies for the customers, which helps the kitchen smell yummy. I ate too many and stalled my weight loss for a couple of days, but mm-mmm!! SO good! Extra workouts later...

We had to be out of the house from 2-4pm, so I took Matthew to see a matinee showing of Cars at the local theater. Jonathan met up with his mom, so graciously came to town to give us a hand with the kids. JH called her yesterday as we were wallowing in our misery, and I think she took pity on us! After the movie we all met up and she took us out to Panera for dinner.

We had a good turnout for the Open House. About 12 parties came. Some families, some empty-nesters, one neighbor. It was kind of a mix. Hopefully we'll get some action from it, but we'll just have to see.

No comments: