Friday, July 07, 2006

Shifting

We had a showing scheduled today for 10:30, so I planned accordingly as I cleaned this morning. What I didn't plan on was the buyers' Realtor ringing my doorbell at 10:04! He got to talk to me on the run, picking up kids' toys, turning on lights and taking down the trash. He was very nice and had a few questions about the house. I got the boys in the car as soon as I could, and we pulled out before 10:30 with the potential buyers waiting in the backyard. I didn't feel particularly hopeful, as I'm becoming more and more cynical about this process.

Our Realtor is suggesting an Open House. I really don't like the idea of unregistered strangers (who can't always be monitored) traipsing about my home, but what else can we do? So we're going to have one in a few weeks. Glad I'm not supposed to be home during the showing. Ick.

I'm now beginning to have to entertain the idea that we might not be moving this summer as we planned. Jonathan and I talked about it some in the car this afternoon. A new scenario might be that we sell this house for whatever we can get for it (which wouldn' t be enough to get to Florida), then live modestly here in Winston for another year. This would give us time to pay off our debts and get enough $$ together to get down to Florida. Jonathan's been enjoying working at B/E Aerospace, and there's a full-time position that might be opening up soon. Maybe it's something he could do in the meantime, that pays better than his temp job is paying now.

Tonight we watched a movie called Dreamer, where a family takes huge risks to follow a dream that ultimately comes to fruition. I hope that's us in the future, looking back on this mess in amazement at how it all came together. 'Cause right now I'm not seeing it. Guess we'll have to press on in faith.

No comments: