Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Longer Rope

You know, just when I think I'm at the end of my rope, it gets longer. We met with a lady today that's going to be helping with some of Colson's developmental issues (he's falling behind). I won't go into details, but by the end of the meeting I couldn't believe some of the curve balls that had been thrust at us. By the evening I was a complete mess. Awful.

That's all I'm going to say about that stuff. I'm not going to dwell on them, lest I lose it and drown this keyboard in tears, or lest I depress anyone reading this!

Today's positives, which I'm going to focus on instead:
Another day of weight loss this morning, down over 30 lbs. since January-- thank you, Lord!
Lots of yummy food in the 'fridge, thanks to Damma Sissy!
Given free Pediasure (8 days' worth!) at doctor's office, for my 90th percentile in height but 25th percentile in weight baby boy! Gotta fatten him up!
A showing at 1:45pm, another scheduled for tomorrow, too.
Super-quick car inspection, and we made it through with no required repairs!
Matthew having overall good behavior today, pleasant to be around.
Good mail day-- an almost-free workout video arrived, a DVD I've wanted for a long time. Got it in a trade with another "vidiot", or fellow workout-video fan, for a workout tape I didn't want to keep.
Lots of good reading with Matthew for the summer reading program. Especially liked The Little Princess, which I checked out from the library. Reminds me of the gorgeous movie. Touching story.
Somehow surviving an extremely tough evening, having a loving husband who's doing his best to deal with me.
Talking with my mom on her birthday-- she's 62 today-- happy birthday, Mom!
Laughing with my brother on the phone at the ridiculous notion that my parents might actually attend a Jimmy Buffett concert in Chicago!
The humor of Bill Cosby in his classic standup routine, Himself.

No comments: