Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Appointments

The early morning was spent scurrying around, getting the house ready for our home inspection. The appointment was for 9am, but I had a feeling the inspector would come early. Fortunately the boys slept in a bit, and I got alot of work done.

Matthew had a quick breakfast, and as I was pulling out of the driveway to take him to Vacation Bible School, sure enough, the inspector was already here. He had a realtor box, so after speaking with him I told him to let himself in and I'd be back in 10 minutes.

Scott was a middle aged man, he has 6 kids, is a grandfather, and was very congenial. It was nice talking to him, and I could tell he'd do a fine job on the inspection.

Before long I was heading out again, this time for my annual OB/GYN checkup. The appointment was at 10:50, just enough time to get processed and out back to pick up Matthew from VBS. I was amazed that my nurse/midwife remembered me and was amazed I hadn't moved yet!

Matthew had a ball at VBS; I'm so grateful he has that activity to go to!

Low key afternoon...among other things I started working on an eBay auction that I'll be posting later.

I was just about to leave to pick up Jonathan from work when my friend Juanita Thacker stopped by to visit. JT, if you're reading this...it was so good to see you, and I wish I could have visited with you longer! We must get together soon before I leave!

We picked up a hungry Jonathan and I fed him a big spaghetti dinner. I didn't think it was possible for my husband to get any skinnier, but with his new job and riding to work, he's down a few pounds. I'm gonna catch up with him on the scale one day, but my goodness he makes it hard sometimes! :)

After dinner I went for a 3-mile walk/jog with Colson to burn off some of that pasta. A new fitpod.com podcast kept me movin' and I think Colson enjoyed being outside in his stroller.

By the time I got home, Matthew was in bed, and soon were the rest of us.

Hoping the inspection goes through cleanly. Once we're clear of that, we can leave as soon as we can get our acts together.

Before bed Jonathan had me read an article in his September 2006 issue of AOPA Flight Training that kind of freaked me out. It's called "A Tale of Two Pilots", and it details the perils of pursuing a career as an airline pilot. Greaaaat!

Still, we discussed the fact that regardless of his desires to fly, we know it was that right choice to sell this house and get out of his WFU job. Yet at the same time, I've got that,"What in the world are we doing?!" feeling again...

I'll just keep looking for the closed doors, and until then, I will continue to assume the windows are opening to Florida. Eeek!

No comments: