Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gears warming...

Similar day...packing boxes, laundry, cleaning, workout, etc. I did some more research, looking for places to live in Florida. Nothing nailed down yet. Got a nice note from Julie Martin, a friend who moved to Florida about a year ago. We'll be 2 hours from her, but she's excited we're on our way. She and her family took a similar leap of faith last year, when her OB/GYN husband quit his job to pursue a career in ministry as a pastor. He's now in seminary at Reformed Theological Seminary near Orlando. The Martins have been a huge help, giving us advice and praying for us. Thanks, Martins!

Jonathan's fighting a cold, or allergies or something, so he worked until a normal 5pm, we had a yummy chowder for dinner, and he hit the sheets pretty soon after that. I enjoyed a couple of hours of quiet while everyone was asleep.

I can almost feel the gears warming up, the machine that is our move to Florida getting ready to move on down the road. We're going to blink twice and be there. It doesn't feel real yet, but I know it'll get really real very soon.

No comments: