Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday the 10th

Writing this many days later...

During errands today, we went to the Central Library. The boys played very well in the children's department and I almost didn't want to leave. So nice to have some peace for a little while.

That night we went to Matthew's Vacation Bible School dinner and celebration. It was Mexican-themed, and even though the chefs purposefully kept the food mild with the spices, it took Matthew a long time to decide that he was going to eat. He kept saying, "What else is there to eat?" After about 10 explanations, he figured out that there were no burgers, pizza, chicken or fries, and it was either the buffet or nothing. Not the funnest dinner, but the celebration part was festive. His music "Sing and Play Ole" CD had come in the mail today, and I was glad we'd spent the $6 to get it for him. He really had alot of good songs in this program, and I hope the CD will help him remember his time in this VBS.

No comments: