We slept in just a little bit, ate breakfast, then packed up to leave. Jonathan checked on some of his school paperwork, I checked in with our realtor to make sure we didn't need to do anything else while we were in town.
We took the PT Cruiser rental car back to it's spot at the airport, then went in for our flight. As we lifted off down the runway, I looked out at the Florida landscape and said, "Goodbye Florida-- we'll be back soon!" At the same time, I again marveled knowing that the next time we're there, it's to be residents, not visitors. Several times today (and other days this week) I would spontaneously get giddy with the knowledge of what is happening. It's just amazing.
I'm under no illusion that it will be easy. There will be culture shock, no friends, heat, moving-in stresses, money constraints, general adjustments for all 4 of us-- the works. But at the same time, I'm so excited we're being given this opportunity. It's going to be so great if Jonathan really does become a professional pilot.
Our layover in Atlanta was only supposed to be for about 90 minutes, with our flight scheduled to leave at 2:02. Due to leftover storm weather that had drifted up the east coast, we didn't take off until 4:30, and a good chunk of that waiting time was spent on the plane. Fun. Fortunately, we had books to read, magazine/newspaper puzzles to work, and I'd brought the DVD of Music Man to watch. It wasn't fun being cramped up in that plane, but we got home safe and sound.
Due to the travel, lack of sleep the night before (again!) and lack of nourishment during the day, I was pretty tired when we got home. It was great to see the boys again-- I'd missed them both. But at the same time, bedtime for them could not come soon enough. I think Jonathan was tired too; he was feeling fairly ancy about all we've got to get done in the next few days. I'm not worried; I know we'll make it.
Tomorrow is my last day in North Carolina on my own, just me and Colson. Starting Saturday Jonathan won't be going to work at B/E Aerospace and we'll be packing to leave. Better make tomorrow count...
No comments:
Post a Comment