In the morning some medical professionals came over and spent about 2 hours with Colson. He's not meeting several baby milestones, and they came to evaluate him. While we won't be able to work with them because of our move, their evaluation really confirmed my concerns that he's behind in his development. People love to say, "Oh, he'll walk and talk when he's ready. I know so-and-so who didn't talk until they were 2 and then they started spewing whole sentences." Colson is different than this. He can't roll over very well, can't crawl, doesn't walk unassisted, eats very few food items, babbles all the time, but doesn't even say "Mama". Fortunately, he can be helped. We're going to find a developmental pediatrician and maybe a therapist in Florida, and I'm sure everything will be fine. He'll catch up.
Because the three ladies were at the house during his usual nap time, he got really worn out today. He didn't nap well later, was really whiny and generally drove me nuts by the end of the day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
A while back I wrote 1st Presbyterian of Vero Beach, asking if they knew of anyone who has a home for rent. They wrote back today, saying they themselves have a 2 bedroom home they're fixing up for rent. I was thrilled at the possibility of getting a cute little home, associated with a local church we can attend. We'll have to see what happens there...
By the afternoon both boys were about to drive me off the cliff of insanity. So I drove way out to Colfax, NC to Triad park to kill lots of time and give the boys a chance to play. They had fun and I kept my head.
In the evening Jonathan took the boys to $1 family night at Sci Works for a couple of hours. While they were gone I did an absolutely fabulous workout video. Both boys and Jonathan had a fabulous time (Colson was amazed with the planetarium laser show), and that workout video I did was incredibly therapeutic. It was over an hour long, and when I was done I was incredibly worked over and felt so great! There were some moves that I couldn't do because of a lack of coordination and/or muscle strength, but I'll work up to it one day!
After a long, stessful day, it was nice to end on a good note...
No comments:
Post a Comment