It was nice to have my parents here when we woke up-- we had a nice morning, and Matthew enjoyed playing checkers with them. He barely lost to Mom and beat Dad. The kid is actually pretty good at the game. I have to pay very close attention to my game or I lose badly!
The morning went by quickly, and before we knew it we were heading out for Greensboro. Mom and Dad took Matthew to the store to buy some flowers, and I went to get Jonathan from work. Then we were off to go to my grandfather Jack's 100th birthday party.
We had a very nice lunch with Jack, his 2 children, my parents and my grandmother. Matthew did very well, behaving himself and eating a good lunch. Jack was glad to see us and seemed to be in good spirits. We couldn't stay long, as Colson's morning nap was pretty short and he was running out of gas, plus Jonathan had to get back to work.
On the way home in the car, Jonathan started making phone calls related to our move. It seems like we have 100 details to work out all the time. I'd really like to move the weekend after Labor Day, but there's so much to do. Packing, getting our non-Florida stuff to storage or other places, arranging for pool/yard care, finding a place to live, the trip to Florida, moving in, getting Matthew in school....yada yada... I can feel my head spinning again, as it was a few months ago when we were getting the house ready. But as I told Jonathan, at least we're having to deal with these issues. A week ago, I didn't think we would be for a while, if ever! At least we're going. These are good problems to have!
After returning JH to work and putting Colson down for nap, I got in a workout and worked in the kitchen. Soon it was dinner time, so I fed Matthew and (much to his chagrin) got him a bath. We picked JH up at 7pm (bless him) and wrapped it up for the day.
Something really neat happened with Colson when we picked up Jonathan...when JH opened the back hatch to stow the bicycle (which he rides to work every morning), Colson was very excited to see him. He very clearly and definitely exclaimed, "Da-Dee!!" And he did it again the following night, twice. So we're counting today's "Da-Dee!" as Colson's first word. Yea!! Finally!
Had trouble going to sleep...my head is spinning again. I know we're going to be in Florida before we know it, but it's just that there's so much to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment