Sunday, August 20, 2006

Flying By

Per Matthew's request, we sat in the balcony for church. It's way too busy up there; won't be doing that again. Still, a nice service with good music choices, and Matthew really behaved well.

Afterward we went down to the sound booth and met the man who is going to be buying our house. Bill was very nice; I really enjoyed talking with him. He told us how they'd been looking at alot of houses, but when they walked into ours, they immediately said, "This is it." They really felt like it was where they're supposed to be. They're even taking a leap of faith, buying it before their old home sells. It's just neat to see how God is working out everything...

We had a quick lunch and short naptime. In the afternoon was the annual Woodberry Forest neighborhood party. JH and MH went over early to swim, while I stayed back to make my edamame salad and watch over Colson. We joined them later. It was great to see everyone and have a chance to say goodbye to folks. Matthew had a ball with the kids his age, swimming and getting worn out.

It's amazing that 3 years ago we were attending as soon-to-be-residents, the next year we announced a pregnancy, the next year we brought a new baby, and now we're saying goodbye. I really thought we'd be here longer than we have been. I wish we could have stayed a few more years. But regardless of Jonathan's job change, we had to go. It was just too much house.

After the party we got the boys ready for bed. I'd eaten a bit too much for dinner, so I left Jonathan alone for an hour to watch football while I did a tough workout downstairs. After that I got cleaned up and we pretty much headed in for the night. I stayed up too late on this infernal machine, enjoying the quiet before the week starts.

This week will be frantic packing up and tying of loose ends, next week is our trip to FL, and the week after that we move! It's bearing down upon us so fast! Incredible!

No comments: