Saturday, May 13, 2006

Condensed B

Condensed entry for Friday and Saturday: little sleep, guys out on the beach and in pool alot, visiting with family. I managed to try to not eat too much of the extra-yummy food and managed to even get a 1-hour power walk on the beach from 6:30-7:30am on Saturday. Browsed at the cross-stitch store, but didn't buy anything. Went to see Mission: Impossible III with Susan and William Brinson, the family friends who took such good care of us when were in New York City last year. So good to hang out with them again. A highlight of the weekend was staying up late Saturday playing a seemingly-endless game of Rummy with them. I came in last place, but we had alot of fun.

Matthew had a ball the whole weekend-- there were cousins to play with and lots of places to play all day long. He was actually fairly well behaved the majority of the weekend, I think mostly because he had lots of good options of activities. Saturday night we let him stay up until 9pm to watch an hour of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe with the other kids. I'd meant to wait until he was older to watch this, not because I think it's bad for him, but because I think alot of the story would be lost on him. I opted to sit next to him in the fancy theater room in the condo and gave him running commentary as he asked questions. Maybe this will spur his interest in the books.



Colson had fun with his cousins, too. Here he is with Kioni. Last year they were 5 weeks old and 10 weeks old. It's neat to see them grow up together.




While we enjoyed being with family, by Saturday night I think that both Jonathan and I were ready to get back home. We had had little "parenting time off", less than optimal sleep and lots of stimulation. We'll miss the time with everyone, but it's also good to get back to the usual routine.

No comments: