Yep, after about 4 hours of sleep, I was tired. Slept in a little too much (6:30), but fortunately Grandma Sissy was here to help with the boys. I took Matthew to school and spent the rest of the morning fussing about in the kitchen with Shirley and working on the house and laundry after she left-- the "neatness factor" had slipped a bit over the holiday weekend. I got it all show-ready and then didn't have a showing today. Oh well.
Jonathan's office threw him a goodbye party today. They had a nice cake for him, as well as some lovely parting gifts. Even though he's had many hours of frustration with some of the software there, he's worked for and with a great group of people. They are one of the many perks we're going to miss after we leave. It's so odd to even speak of that. It doesn't seem real...
While Colson was napping in the afternoon, I read the first two chapters of Prince Caspian to Matthew. As it's written at a 4th grade reading level, I still don't think he's getting half of what's going on. Still, he likes me to read it to him, and as long as I can do it, I will.
We had a busy evening of homework, dinner (previously made up this morning by Sissy-- thank you!), bike practice, Mommy's workout, Colson's bath and bedtime prep. Those last hours blew by, and it was a good thing. Colson was exceptionally fussy tonight, wanting his daddy, but hungry, but not wanting to eat. Maybe it's those new teeth he's sprouting.
JH and I had an uneventful evening, using a scanner he'd borrowed from WFU one more time before tomorrow. It's his last day of work. No contract on the house yet. The edge of the cliff is approaching fast, and I think we're going to slide off of it tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment