Jonathan had a bunch of stuff to return to his office today, so I took him to work. Colson enjoyed watching his daddy get ready, especially when he was shaving. When I dropped JH off I gave him a big kiss, full of excitement and worry, too. His last day of paid employment. Oh boy.
Today was also my last day of a relatively solitary life here at home. Colson isn't a discipline issue yet and I don't have to argue with him about anything-- I just live out my day as I need to. So I splurged today, my last day of "freedom", so to speak, or at least the last day for a long time. I spent alot of time surfing, reading and just hanging out. I even took a 15 minute (whoo-hoo!) nap while Colson was down. Fortunately we didn't get a call for a showing; the work I did yesterday was still holding over pretty well.
At one point during the day I called Jonathan at work. It sounded like and seemed a bit like a fraternity house over there! I guess they also are having a fun "last day" for Jonathan as well. They were even kind enough to take him out to lunch at Mountain Fried Chicken, too.
In the evening I drove over to JH's office to pick him up. As I drove I began to feel the panic creeping into my heart. The edge of the cliff is rushing at us, and I don't know how far the fall is. I'm trying not to think about it too much, as it's out of our hands. I got an email from our realtor-- our possible buyers near Lake Norman are still interested, but they've got to sell their house first. It's like a big Domino system-- before our house sells, theirs must sell, and their buyers' house must sell...on and on...
Jonathan left his blazer at Mountain Fried Chicken and still had work to do, so I ran over there and picked it up for him. Glad it hadn't "grown legs", as it has those fancy WFU buttons sewn onto it.
The rest of the evening was a bit of a whirlwind, with lots of nervous energy from everyone. I played a few hymns on the piano to try to diffuse things, which seemed to help me at least. It was a good thing when everyone was down for the night.
I read to Matthew from his Bible before he went to bed, and we ended up talking about how sometimes God wrote about things before they happened. I didn't use the big word Prophecy with him, but just tried to explain how God knows everything, even the decisions we're going to make. And no, we didn't mention predestination, although I'm sure that will pop up in years to come.
As I sit here fretting, I need to remember that idea myself. God knows what's going to happen after we go over this cliff. We're going to be okay, even if that means a bumpy skid-ride to the bottom.
Here we go...
No comments:
Post a Comment