
Most of the morning was spent working on the house, making it even better for a showing. Our houseguest, Jonathan's brother Chris, was so sweet to pitch in and help while he was here. He did windows, worked on the pool, cleaned the ceiling fans...all sorts of stuff. Matthew enjoyed having him here-- he was almost like an extra playmate for him!
In the afternoon I went to the Red Cross to give platelets, which ended up taking about 3 hours total time. Jonathan picked me up afterward and took me home to rest (I'm usually woozy for a while after doing this-- it's a little more intense than giving blood). Then he and the boys went to a birthday party for one of Matthew's classmates.

While I was at the Red Cross, Chris gave Matthew a belated birthday gift-- a talking Darth Vader helmet, which Matthew loves! He wore it later to the birthday party and pulled the attention toward himself a little bit, or so I hear.
That evening my strength was coming back a bit, so I took care of the boys while Chris and JH went out to spend time together. They went to campus to talk and bought milkshakes later. After the boys were in bed, I enjoyed the quiet time alone in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment