Sunday, May 14, 2006

Returning Home

The condo wasn't as quiet this morning, people weren't sleeping in. We all had to pack up and be checked out by 10am. JH, the boys and I were done with our packing and goodbyes way before then. We had a very efficient trip back-- one straight 4-hour shot, never really stopping once. We had snacks in the car, Matthew watched 2 movies, and all of the passengers napped. When we got back in town around 2pm, we couldn't go home-- a house showing kept us away until after 3pm! So we stopped at Triad Park for some fun with the boys. I pushed Colson in a baby swing for the first time, the very same swing I'd pushed Matthew in for the first time when he was 5 months old. Here's a photo of us in 2000 and now in 2006...














When we got home we spent some time unloading our gear, but then enjoyed the rest of our Sunday together. After watching some of Narnia the night before, Matthew was more than glad when I offered to read some of the book to him. I think he's a little young to handle a book with few pictures, but we'll see how it goes. I really hope he comes to love these books as much as I do.

As it was Mother's Day, the guys had sweet cards and gifts (some handmade!) for me in the morning. In the afternoon my folks stopped by so we could see my mom on the special day.

Our realtor called and told us that the folks who looked at our house on Thursday afternoon are very interested in our property. They need to sell their home first. Once again praying that the Lord will provide for us, but also praying He would take care of these other people as well. And I know He will...in His own time.

No comments: