In the morning I left Colson with Jonathan at home and went to Matthew's school for a Mother's Day tea. Matthew ushered me to my seat, had some lovely crafts and snacks for me, and the children sang a cute song to us. Matthew's teacher also read Five Minutes' Peace by Jill Murphy, about a mother elephant's vain attempt at 5 minutes all to herself. We had a lovely morning together, and I really enjoyed my special time with Matthew.
The rest of my day was spent on usual things, unpacking and running Matthew to his evening gym class. Jonathan made multiple attempts at mowing the lawn, but it kept raining on and off! I guess if we have a showing soon, they'll have to understand why we're partly mowed and partly not. I'm glad we got the rain, though. We really need it, and it's free water for the pool!


No comments:
Post a Comment